Timing seems to be everything. Right as I'm exploring the actress side of me, I enter into this world of monologues. And then right as I arrive in the workshop, upset and frustrated, Joy is there to help me. She has a vibrant energy that is both relaxing and inspiring. I am able to talk to her like friend but also trust her like a mentor.
In this calm yet electric environment I am able perform and feel. My monologue keeps feeling more and more true each session. I find myself thinking about it in every day life and performing it in my head. And then when I perform it out-loud it feels stronger and more triumphant. I'm very excited to continue working on it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

beautifully written, Megan. I couldn't agree more.
ReplyDeleteGood show here. Joy is a joy, isn't she?
ReplyDeleteI perform my monologue in my head too! I perform everything in my head. I'll imagine myself dancing or singing something, that doesn't even exist, and I'll be performing it in my head.
ReplyDelete